Monday, August 4, 2008

Back From Retreat

Got back from my quarterly crafting retreat. I did end up making a good amount of stuff, but most of which I gave away before snapping photos of them. :)

This is a simple card that I made with the 3 lady owls hootin' together. Got to use my color drops.



I also tried out making water bottle packet holders. These were pretty easy and turned out really cute. I am not really sure what I'd make them for, but at least I've tried it. :-P



I had attended a card class a couple weeks ago and saw that someone was making card holders. Great idea. Their design was taller, but I preferred a more square look since most of my cards are the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I took a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and cut it to 12x9. Scored it longways at 6 and shortways at 3. This way I could fold it and create a two sided pocket page. I found that using nice two-sided cardstock does a dual purpose of decorating itself once it's done. This particulr card holder was made from the Cloud 9 Designs Chocolate Chalet. I definitely want to get more of this paper. It's soo nice! The leftover 3x12 cuts from the card holder can be used to decorate notepads. Perfect use of scraps and great for gifts. I had made another holder/notebook set using the SU Berry Bliss paper which I have already given away. :)



Below are just a couple notepads I had made.



Here is my attempt at a spinner card. I think after trying out this card, I am definitely going to purchase the SU Word Window punch. It was a bit of a challenge to do it by hand. It works, but it could've been quicker and easier. Plus, not I have another justification to purchase that punch. Yay!



I had also made a candy bag playing around with the distressed ink. Although I didn't get a picture of it before I gave that one away. Darn! I guess that just means I have to make another one!

No comments: